A Swedish - English dictionary for Mac OS X which is nicely integrated into the system.
Download Version v1.3
- Download the zip file from above
- Unzip the file
- Install the .pkg file (Ctrl click on the .pkg file and chose “open”)
- Open the dictionary app and activate the Swedish - English dictionary in the settings
You can see a vieo of the installation process below.
If you run into problems while opening the .pkg file like this:
You can work around this problem by right clicking or Ctrl+clicking on the .pkg file and select “Open” from the context menu. On imore you can find pictures how to do it and even a second way.
- Clone this git repository
- Download Apples Dictionary Development Kit (The packages is called “Auxiliary Tools for Xcode”)
- Copy the “Dictionary Development Kit” somewhere and adjust the Makefile accordingly
- Optional make validate (you need to install jing for that)
- make install
- Only the first entry is displayed in pop-up mode instead of all (e.g. “boken” shows only “beech”) but you will see all of them in dictionary.app.
Philipp Brauner who build an English <-> German dictionary which I have used now for a couple of years. His plugin gave me the idea to build an English <-> Swedish one. You can find his English <-> German one here.